My FILE is an application of the Federal Public Service Home which allows you to consult your personal file on the National Register.
The site allows you to:
- check your information registered on the National Register
- report errors
- update your details
- see the organisations that have consulted your personal data in the last six months
- download or print, from anywhere, electronic certificates
How does it work?
- You need an activated eID, your pin code and a card reader. The card reader needs to be installed with the appropriate software
- Once the software has been installed, you can access ‘MY FILE’ using your eID and PIN code at mondossier.rrn.fgov.be
Your PIN is required to verify your identity.
Electronic certificates can be obtained in the three official Belgian languages (French, Dutch or German), are immediately displayed on your screen, can be printed, downloaded and stored in the form of a pdf document with a digital certificate of authenticity from the Belgian Home Office and sent by email as an attachment.
Which certificates are available?
- Certificate of household composition
- Proof of address
- Proof of address with history
- Certificate of Belgian nationality
- Declaration of existence
- Certificate of legal cohabitation
- Certificate of residency for a marriage
- Certificate of burial and/or rites
- Certificate of registration as a voter
- Extract from the registers
Please note that the authenticity and acceptance of the certificates are only guaranteed in Belgium (practical application: for example, proof of address for a Belgian bank).